Radiation Safety FAQs

Please reference the Troxler Transportation Guide for the answers to the following questions:
  • How do I apply for a Radioactive Materials license?
  • How do I fill out a Radioactive Materials license application?
  • How do I calculate Dose to Members of the public?
  • What is the element name and mass number for the sources?
  • What is the chemical and physical form of the sources?
  • What are the activities of the radioactive sources?
  • What are the model numbers for the sources?
  • What should my radiation protection program look like?
  • Do I need to have a survey meter (radiation detection instrument)?
  • How do I fill out shipping papers for my gauge?
  • Where do I find Type A package testing results for my case?
  • Where do I get an emergency response sheet?
  • What emergency contact telephone number should I have?
  • How do I transport my gauge in my vehicle?
  • How do I label my shipping case?